Dog that mauled owner to death had ‘probably taken crack cocaine’
Mario Perivoitos expired at his north London home after being attacked by Staffordshire bull terrier in front of BBC film crew
A Staffordshire bull terrier that killed its owner by humiliating his larynx in its jaws in front of a BBC documentary crew had probably made crack cocaine, an inquest has heard.
The dog’s owner, Mario Perivoitos, croaked at his home in Wood Green , north London, in an accident in March that was seen but not filmed by BBC correspondents making a programme about treats.
An inquest at North London coroner’s law heard that the behaviour of the dog, called Major, could have been triggered by crack cocaine.
Nicholas Carmichael, a veterinary toxicologist, told the investigation that samples revealing the levels of cocaine and morphine were discovered in the dog’s urine.
Mail Online quoted Carmichael as saying:” It are likely that this puppy had devoured treats, maybe gobble them. It is almost impossible to say whether that they are able to perform the dog strike, but it does utter them answer abnormally.
” They become very excited and fomented. It is more likely that this attack happened since this dog had made cocaine .”
Julie Higgins, a pathologist, told the court that Perivoitos’s body” included injuries to the cervix and appearance, with substantial haemorrhaging, and the larynx was mashed “.
The BBC crew were at his home filming Drugs Map of Britain when he originated having a seizure.
The programme’s producer, Joshua Haddow, managed to wrestle Major off his proprietor, but it was too late to save him, special courts learn. During the attack, Major crushed Mario’s larynx and motived him to fail so much better blood he was given ten pints to try and recreate him subsequently in hospital, special courts listen.
The major coroner, Andrew Walker, concluded that Perivoitos vanished as a consequence of traumata received from the dog. He pointed out that the victim had taken cocaine before the attack.
” It is likely that he was experiencing an epileptic surprise, which started the dog to nibble his front before chewing his neck. The film crew telephoned an ambulance while attempting to get the dog off Mr Perivoitos ,” he said.
” It is likely that the dog had downed cocaine by ingesting it and it is likely that this was an additional taken into account in the dog’s behaviour. Mr Perivoitos abode serious injuries and was taken to a major pain hospice, and lived shortly after midnight .”
Walker thanked the BBC crew for their attempts to save Perivoitos. Police told the inquest that Major must therefore be put down.